Wednesday

Farm Town Trees - Planting Close Together

So how close can you plant your trees together in Farm Town and still be able to harvest the fruit of your labor? Obviously you need to plant your trees in a fashion so that your character is able to physically reach the tree, and you ideally would like to be able to easily click on the tree to harvest from it as well.

After creating a massive Farm Town tree grove, filled with orange trees, I came up with the following configuration to plant trees and still be able to harvest from them. Each red square represents an orange tree.

Farm Town Trees

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the plot guide! I was thinking about making a grove (instead of just using the edge) when I get to 34 and this is just what I was looking for!

Monkeyb00y said...

Hey, I love your blog. Just got addicted 2 days ago. Just to let you know, you don't have to physically touch the trees to harvest them. The one thing I did find out about is that if you fill every spot with trees, it's a about a 3 x 3 regular plots or 18 x 18 tree spaces ...or so. otherwise you can't get all of them. it will glitch & allow you to grab them from afar from experience. Hope this helps.

Unknown said...

Why orange trees? Why not coconut?

Farm Town Tips said...

You can certainly use coconut trees if you want. I recommend orange trees because they are easily purchased in massive amounts at the store. Coconut trees, while yielding a highly profitable harvest, must be gifted to you and therefore take a much longer period of time to accumulate in large numbers.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the trouble that you have taken--- it has helped me a lot

laurei said...

If its coconut trees you are after, and want them to be gifted to you, try the CTC or Coconut Tree Club which exists for the purpose: Coconut Tree Club (Farm Town Elite)

Teri said...

awesome site.. was looking for how to do the waterfalls.. and learned so much more.. can't wait to learn more.. keep the tips coming..

shotgun said...

i have almost completely covered my farm with oranges. i found the best patern with the most coverage is six rows of trees and then two empty rows. i found if i got greedy and filled these rows they were very difficult to harvest. so it would look kinda like \\\\\\ \\\\\\